+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: - II

1. Default

" () ( ; ! ) ( ) audiophiles ( debunkers, dsp , ) , - , ....

(art work ) - , Wallace ; ..."

, ; ( , , )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserDisc
    Last edited by Vassilis; 07-15-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    "It is certainly preferable to grow vegetables" as "Class A amplifiers sound better than the alternatives"

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vassilis View Post
    " - ...
    ..."
    21/09/2009 - AVmentor.

AES , Laser Accurate . Schwartz Engineering & Design , . laser . SED . Laser Accurate , , ... .

David M. Schwartz successfully records sound with his Laser-Accurate microphone technology

Photo provided by Daniel Schwartz

At the 127th Audio Engineering Society Convention, October 9 to 12, 2009, at the Javits Center in New York City, Schwartz Engineering & Design (SED), a leader in optical microphone design, will present its Laser-Accurate technology in booth #845.

Instead of a conventional diaphragm, whose resonance creates electrical impulses against a coil or a back plate, Laser-Accurate technology uses a laminar stream of air in a chamber in which microscopic particles are suspended. When excited by changes in air pressure, the movement of these particles is detected by a laser beam that continuously passes through the chamber aimed at a photoelectric cell opposite the laser source. As a result, Laser-Accurate is said to produce “the most accurate and precise transduction of any sound…capturing sound unadulterated by the mechanical motion of the diaphragm and the inevitable time lags caused by that movement.”

The speed with which a traditional diaphragm can react is innately limited by its physical size and shape, and the variety of those mechanical elements inevitably adds tonal coloration—distortion—to the sound its recording. In the Laser-Accurate design, the diaphragm or plate is replaced with microscopic particles dispersed in a gas-filled chamber in which the laminar flow of the gas is constant. Detection of the displacement of the airstream and particles by a laser and optical receiver creates a completely non-intrusive method by which to measure the movement of air. This arrangement means no significant mass stands between the source of the sound and the transduction of it to a recording media.

David Schwartz, developer of Laser-Accurate technology and a holder of six critical digital audio patents, including one that is the basis for the MP3 file format, says, “The color that certain microphones bring can be fantastic. The problem is, you cant have all of them, all of the time, meaning that all music recording is a compromise of some sort. With Laser-Accurate technology, all the tonal processing would take place after the sound is converted to a voltage, not during the act of recording it.”

Laser-Accurate technology will be demonstrated throughout the four days of the AES Convention at the Schwartz Engineering & Design booth.

Visit Schwartz Engineering & Design at www.schwartz-engineering-design.com.

https://www.mixonline.com/technology...ogy-aes-378601

https://www.engadget.com/2009-09-21-...Xs6VElkj755cZr
    "It is certainly preferable to grow vegetables" as "Class A amplifiers sound better than the alternatives"

3. Default

4. Default !

Steve Hoffman's equipment

Steve does his preliminary mastering run-down in his studio, but finishes his Surround SACD &
    24K Gold CD projects at Marsh Mastering in Hollywood.

Turntable

VPI Avenger, VPI Classic 2, Audio Note UK TT 2 with ARM Three/II, Technics 1200/KAB for 78s

Cartridge

Grado Labs Epoch stereo & mono, Grado Labs Aeon & Statement V2, Kiseki Purple Heart NS,
    Audio Note UK MC lo1, Soundsmith Sussurro Paua MKII, Shure V15 Type IV, Shure VN478E

Tuner

Marantz 10B (1965)

Digital Front End

Audio Note UK DAC4.1X Balanced D to A converter, Audio Note UK CDT-3 Transport, Nagra DAC Classic
    PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player

CD-Recorder

Tascam CD-RW901SL

Analog Front End

Ampex AG-440-4 (1967), J-Corder Custom Technics RS-1520 ("Ruby"),
    Otari MX-5050 MK III-4, Otari MX-5050 B2-2, Otari MX-5050 B3-2, Otari MX-5050 MK III-1 Full Track Mono

Pre Amplifier

Audio Note UK M9

Amplification

Audio Note UK Ongaku Kensei, Audio Note UK Jinro integrated 211, Audio Note UK Oto Phono SE Signature,
    VAC Phi 170, McIntosh MC30

Headphone System

Sennheiser HD600 with Stefan Audio Arts Equinox cable, AKG K701 with Ken Ball cable

Speaker System

Audio Note UK AN-E/SEC Signature, Audio Note UK AN-E/SPe, Rogers LS3/5a, Tannoy Lancaster 15"

Speaker Cable

Audio Note UK Sogon LX96 bi-wire

Interconnects

Audio Note UK Sootto, Audio Note UK Sogon 50, Audio Note UK Isis

System Rack

Symposium Acoustics Isis, custom Ultra amps stands with Rollerblocks

Accessories

Sound Application LineStage Mark VI power conditioners, OYAIDE Ultimate SWO-XXX duplex AC outlets

Disclaimer: These are Steve Hoffman's systems as they are right now. This is subject to change, mainly dependent on what Steve Hoffman currently reviewing or working with. Updated 7/2020

- Kochel , ( ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDulQ6qXDSE

5. Default ...

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/...classic-albums

The availability of good plug-in recreations of vintage gear makes Steven Wilson's job a lot easier, as here on Jethro Tull's 'Aqualung'.

The biggest move forward in technological capability in recent years for Steven Wilson's remixing work has come with plug-ins that recreate vintage studio effects. These make it easer to get sounds in the digital domain that are closer to the original analogue effects used on many classic records.

"I'm using a lot of the Universal Audio plug-ins, which are fantastic emulations of original analogue stuff. Now I'm able to use emulations of a lot of the old analogue compressors, like the Fairchild or the 1176, and the EMT 140 plate — many of the things they were using at the time. The last couple of years I've been adding the UA Oxide Tape plug-in to the output bus, too, which definitely seems to give things a little more of that analogue magic."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lT8AeYkKQ&t=8s

6. Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_1iI1vpFc

We'll meet again,
    Don't know where, don't know when,
    But I know we'll meet again
    Some sunny day.
    Keep smiling through,
    Just like you always do,
    'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.

So will you please say hello
    To the folks that I know,
    Tell them I won't be long.
    They'll be happy to know
    That as you saw me go,
    I was singing this song

We'll meet again,
    Don't know where,
    Don't know when,
    But I know we'll meet again,
    Some sunny day.

We'll meet again,
    But I know we'll meet again
    Some sunny day.
    Keep smiling through,
    Just like you always do,
    'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.

So will you please say hello
    To the folks that I know,
    Tell them I won't be long.
    They'll be happy to know
    That as you saw me go,
    I was singing this song.

We'll meet again,
    But I know we'll meet again,
    Some sunny day.

7. Default

, , " '" , (, , ) , , . 10% ( , , , ). , . , , Hi-Fi. Hoffman, ( , ). Jinro 3dB , , !

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dStam View Post
    , , " '" , (, , ) , , . 10% ( , , , ). , . , , Hi-Fi. Hoffman, ( , ). Jinro 3dB , , !
    O Toole . "" " " . 0 ( ) plug-ins , "" () "". " " !

, . , ( ) . , 211 300 .
    Last edited by Vassilis; 07-17-2021 at 01:46 AM.

10. Default

ὰ ἱ "" ὲ ἀ, ἀ, ἐ ὶ , ἀ ὶ ἀὸ ὲ ἀὸ ὰ ὲ . Ὁ , - ἔ "" . ὸ , , .

https://www.renosapostolidis.gr/bookstore

+ Reply to Thread